I love checking in on Travelzoo’s Top 20 travel deals curated for subscribers and updated every Wednesday. I consistently find some amazingly priced travel packages to destinations all over the world. Today, I noticed some particularly fantastic deals to some destinations including: Italy, Portugal, Croatia, Costa Rica, and more! These deals are steals as they include airfare, transportation, lodging, sometimes food, and more. To access these deals, you only need to provide an email address and create an account. They don’t email you spam and the registration takes 30 seconds.
Take a look at some of the highlights of these trips and consider grabbing one before they sell out!
For $699 per person, the lowest price we’ve ever seen, spend a week in Italy at a 4-star hotel with this deal that includes airfare. No, that’s not a typo, and yes, you should probably check your vacation days now.
What you need to know about this deal:
- $699 covers nonstop airfare; five nights in Tuscany; one night in Milan; daily breakfast and a manual car rental
- This price is cheaper than airfare alone, which means you can afford to skip a night or two in Tuscany and book overnights in areas outside of day trip distance
- Travel in November and December, ideal dates for sipping mulled wine, shopping Christmas markets, experiencing Carnevale and avoiding the crowds of peak season
- Easy day trips include venturing to Florence; riding bikes along the walls of Lucca; touring Siena’s churches; or tasting olive oil, cheese and wine in Chianti vineyards
Depart: Nov. 14, 15, 21, 22 (over Thanksgiving), 28, 29; Dec. 5, 6; Jan. 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31; Feb. 6, 7, 13 (over Valentine’s Day), 14, 20, 21, 27, 28; March 6, 7, 13, 14.
This deal is priced for departures from New York, but a $100 per person discount applies to any departure May 2016-March 2017 from any major U.S. gateway.
Car rental upgrades are available, including automatic and luxury vehicles. Single supplements are available with this discount.
Depending on departure date, guests can choose from a 4-star hotel, city center hotel and a hotel near the famed thermal baths in Montecatini (five nights). Spend the last night by the airport in Milan to make catching the next day’s early morning flight easy.
For the lowest price we ever see for this destination, spend a week in Portugal’s Azores Islands. International airfare, six nights hotel stay, daily breakfast and transfers are covered for $499 per person – less than the cost of airfare alone.
Why we love this deal:
- The nonstop flight from the East Coast is only 4.5 hours, and even coach passengers get free wine
- You’ll stay on Terceira, the third largest of the islands and home to a pristine Renaissance old town, ancient lava tubes and natural pools that are swimmable year-round
- The towns have distinctly European vibes while the scenery has been likened to the Garden of Eden
- The Azores are called Europe’s “last great island adventure” (Lonely Planet), but popularity is growing, so they might not stay undiscovered for long
Depart from Boston for the following per person pricing:
- $499 … Nov. 24 (over Thanksgiving); Dec. 8, 15; Jan. 5, 12, 19, 26; Feb. 2, 23; March 2, 16
- $524-$569 … Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26; Nov. 3, 10, 17; Dec. 1, 22 (over Christmas), 29 (over New Years); Feb. 9, 16; March 9, 23
- $587-$594 … March 29; April 5, 12, 19, 26; May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 (2017 departures)
- $626-$688 … Sept. 7, 14, 21, 28
Our Deal Experts have visited the Azores during this travel window and enjoyed hiking, swimming in the natural swimming pools, whale watching and caving. Temperatures range between the upper-50s in winter to the mid-70s in early fall, with some foggy mornings.
The Angra Garden Hotel is set in the middle of a UNESCO World Heritage Site and surrounded by gardens, which are best viewed from the terrace bar. Rent a bike from the hotel to explore and afterwards, spend some time relaxing at the on-site spa or by the indoor pool. Hotel upgrades are available.
Why you should fly to Boston for this deal: Most flights to the Azores connect through Boston anyway, and are more expensive when booked from other cities. You can use miles or find a cheap one-way fare to save hundreds and take advantage of this deal. Check Fly.com for cheap flights from your city.
This nine-night tour of Croatia and Slovenia touches rugged coastline, emerald lakes and fairy-tale castles for $1499 per person, including airfare and upscale hotel stays.
Why we’re inspired by this package (other than the $1,820 in savings):
- You’ll stay in 4- and 5-star hotels throughout the trip
- The focus of the itinerary is on Croatia whose charm is catching on due to a “staggering cache of natural wonders” (Frommer’s)
- Seaside Opatija was once a winter retreat for the rich and royal
- Explore the 4th century Palace of Diocletian in Split, the world’s best preserved Roman palace
- Dubrovnik is called “Pearl of the Adriatic” for its medieval ruins and Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In Slovenia, stroll Ljubljana’s leafy river banks and explore emerald-green Lake Bled nestled against a mountainous backdrop
Navigating Croatia can be a bit tricky for American travelers — English isn’t as widely spoken and the train system isn’t as easily accessible as other European countries — so this trip includes an expert guide who takes care of the logistics.
Includes: Roundtrip international airfare; nine nights accommodations; all ground transportation and transfers; daily breakfast, one lunch, three dinners; sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary; guide services throughout; taxes and fees.
Depart: Nov. 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27; Dec. 1, 8, 26; Feb. 16. This deal is priced for departure from New York, however, a $240 per person discount applies to all October-May departures from any major U.S. gateway.
The 4-star hotel in Opatija (two nights) has views of an island-filled bay in the Adriatic Sea. The sleek rooms at the 5-star Radisson Blu in Split (one night) overlook Brac and Solta islands. In Dubrovnik (three nights), the 4-star hotel has a massive spa and panoramic views. The 5-star Westin Zagreb (one night) is in the heart of the city. In Bled (two nights) the 4-star hotel overlooks Lake Bled and the Julian Alps.
Tranquility and Instagram-worthy sunsets are the focal point of this Costa Rica adults-only oceanfront resort. Starting at $849 per person, this Guanacaste vacation includes airfare, an all-inclusive resort stay, unlimited meals and drinks (including alcohol), transfers, plus taxes and fees.
This deal saves $250 on do-it-yourself-pricing and includes travel during Costa Rica’s green season, which means sunshine in the morning and brief afternoon showers. Stays also include a $500 resort credit per room, per stay that can be used toward a mountain bike tour, a lobster dinner, Champagne and more.
The expansive beachfront Occidental Grand Papagayo by Barceló overlooks Culebra Bay and has four restaurants, four bars, a swimming pool and a spa with outdoor massage huts.
Five-night vacations with airfare are available select dates June-December (depending on departure city):
- $849 … Los Angeles
- $883 … Houston
- $889 … New York City (JFK)
- $944 … Baltimore, Indianapolis
- $949 … Newark
- $970 … Milwaukee
- $976 … Denver, Kansas City
- $1094 … Detroit
- $1096 … Atlanta
- $1142 … Minneapolis
- $1170 … Cleveland
Seven-night vacations with nonstop air are available select dates, June 3 – July 1 (depending on departure city):
- $949 … Chicago (O’Hare), St. Louis
Hotel-only options are available including three nights for two people at $234 per room, per night in fall or $246 per room, per night for summer departures. Guests can also book popular area activities like an Arenal Volcano hike, zip lining or visits to Manuel Antonio National Park through Apple Vacations (additional fees apply).
Use promo code SAVEONFALL16 for travel dates Aug. 15 – Dec. 17 and save $75 off per adult for both air-inclusive and hotel-only packages.
Note: Prices fluctuate daily with airfare availability, but at publication time, this deal was available for select departures noted above.
All deals expire May 20th. Will you be flying to one of these destinations?