Improved Sign Up Offer:
For a limited time, Barclaycard is improving their sign up offer from 40,000 to 50,000 points after you make your first purchase and complete payment of the $89 annual fee. We all know that as the American Airlines and US Airways merger comes to an end, the US Airways Credit Card will no longer be offered by BarclayCard. Now is a great time to jump on this limited time increased sign up offer and earn 50,000 points after making just a $1 purchase! US Airways has already announced that their Dividend Miles program will integrate with the American Airlines AAdvantage program in the 2nd quarter of 2015. Thus, these 50k Dividend Miles will soon become AA points.
This card comes with a lot of added perks, including: Zone 2 priority boarding on US Airways flights, first-class check in, one complimentary US Airways Club pass every year, and an annual companion certificate good for up to 2 companion tickets at $99 each plus taxes and fees. Cardholders receive an additional 5,000 points off their award ticket, so redeeming award flights can be even easier with this credit card. The companion ticket is also a really great money-saver when looking to add a companion to your itinerary. An additional park that is brand new – Receive a 25% savings on eligible US Airways and American Airlines in-flight purchases.
One of the great things about Barclaycards is that they primarily pull from your TransUnion credit report as opposed to the more common Experian that gets pulled by Chase and American Express. I myself just applied for both the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® and The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® at the same time using two different browsers (i.e. internet explorer and google chrome) to get only one pull on my credit report!
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 50,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag free on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways and American Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- New! Receive a 25% savings on eligible US Airways and American Airlines in-flight purchases