Update: This deal is dead. The Marriott card is currently being offered publicly with the 50,000 point sign up bonus.
After just posting about the Chase Ink Cards coming in at an increased offer of 70,000 points when you sign up at a Chase branch (or sign up online and send a private message and ask to be matched to the 70k offer), I received an email outlining an offer of 70,000 points and a free category 1-4 hotel night with the Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card. I’m normally not such a fan of the Marriott Rewards Credit Card as the hotel chain has high redemption rates and I can earn Marriott Reward points if I want through my Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Cards. Those cards earn valuable Ultimate Rewards points that can be transferred to Marriott’s Reward Program. However, this card comes with some great perks, a high sign up bonus, and a low spending requirement.
Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- Earn 70,000 points when you spend $1,000 in your first 3 months
- Receive one free night at a Category 1-4 Marriott Hotel after card opening
- Receive one free night at a category 1-5 Marriott Hotel on each anniversary of card opening
- 5 points for every $1 spent at over 3,600 Marriott® locations
- 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies & restaurants, 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
- 15 Elite credits toward your next membership level after account
approval and every year after account anniversary
- 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent
- $0 introductory annual fee, then $85
- $0 foreign transaction fees
- Chip and Signature technology
All in all, this is the best offer I’ve seen from Chase on the Marriott card and it is definitely making me think twice about getting the card. With such a low spending requirement, a very solid sign up bonus, and some pretty great perks that come with this card, I see very little downside in getting it and even keeping it after a year for the free anniversary stay at a category 1-5 Marriott Hotel. If you’re looking to earn elite status at Marriott at an accelerated rate, then this card is a no brainer.
Marriott Rewards points can also be used for redemption at Ritz-Carlton Hotels (also a partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards). The 70,000 points is good enough for multiple nights at a Marriott hotel with their highest category (a category 9 hotel) costing 45,000 points per night. Ritz-Carlton hotels top out at 70,000 points per night. So this card is at least good for 1 night at Ritz-Carlton’s highest redemption rate of 70,000 points, like the unbelievable Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong!
What do you think about the increased sign up offer for the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card? Will you get it? Share your thoughts below!
*Discretion: I DO NOT receive a commission for promoting this credit card or any other Chase credit card.