Flying Blue, the award mileage program that includes Air France, KLM, Air Europa, and more, has come out with promo offers for award flights booked this summer. We already saw some great economy award tickets from Boston that included flights to Israel for only 25,000 points roundtrip in economy – that’s only 20,000 Starpoints!
Originally, the Flying Blue promo page showed 50% discounted business class flights from Chicago, Dallas, and Washington D.C. Today, the website updated to show only a 50% discount on flights to and from Washington D.C. Dallas was removed altogether and Chicago was reduced to only 25% off. This can still be a great deal if you’re looking to fly to Israel this summer from the east coast and would like to take advantage of business class. You can use British Airways Avios points to get to Washington D.C. for only 4,500 points each way cities on the east coast. Transfer Chase Ultimate Reward points to British Airways if you need to make this trip out of D.C. The fuel surcharges do run you up to around $660 and will require you to shell out 62,500 points from your Amex Membership Rewards points, or 52,500 Amex Starwood points as is explained below.
Flying Blue Business Class Promo:
- Flying Blue’s latest promo can be booked from May 1st-31st for business class tickets from Chicago, Minneapolis, Toronto, and Washington D.C. to Europe.
- Fly anytime between July 1st and August 31st.
- The great part is that Flying Blue considers some far off destinations to be part of Europe, so this includes flights to Israel, Greece, Turkey, and more.
- Flights from Washington D.C. are 31,250 points each way for a business class ticket instead of the normal 62,500 each way.
- Flights from Minneapolis are 42,187 points each way instead of 84,375.
- Flights from Chicago and Toronto are 46,875 points instead of 93,750.
How to Earn Flying Blue Points:
Flying Blue points can be transferred at a 1:1 ratio from any Membership Rewards American Express card. Points with cards such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card, or the Amex Platinum Card can be used for Flying Blue award tickets. American Express Starwood Preferred Guest points are also transferrable to the Flying Blue program and you receive a 5,000 point bonus for every 20,000 point transfer made. Thus, a business class ticket can start from as low as 26,250 Starpoints one way or 52,500 Starpoints roundtrip! Start transferring points asap as they can take a couple of days to post in your account and these business promo tickets tend to be a really hot item and not last too long.