An amazing deal came up a little over a week ago for the Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard. Normally the sign up bonus for this card is only 30,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months, but this current promotion is offering 100,000 points for spending $10,000 in 3 months. Now the spending to meet this bonus is quite high and may be difficult for some to reach but there are alternative ways to help you reach your spending threshold as listed in this article.
- The card has a $450 annual fee
- But includes up to $200 in statement credits
- Full access to the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges (a value of up to $500)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Free first checked bag
- 2 AAdvantage points per dollar spent on AA (including US Airways codeshare)
- Earn 10,000 elite qualifying miles that count towards your AA elite status when you complete $40,000 of spending in a calendar year
This bonus is probably the highest we’ll see for a while. So if you need some American Airlines points or are looking to book a vacation in the near future, then this is an amazing way to help you achieve that goal. If the annual fee is also too steep for you then you can downgrade the card a year from now. However, if you travel often, the $200 statement credits and the access to the Admiral Clubs makes the card well worth its cost.