Advertiser Disclosure: I may receive compensation on some of the links outlined in this post. As always, thank you for your support!
I’ve always considered the Chase Sapphire Preferred to be THE card when advising friends on family on the best cards to start earning valuable points redeemable towards free travel. Now, the CSP is offering an increased sign up bonus of 60,000 points! See below for details:
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards. This is an increase of 10,000 points from the previous 50,000 points offer.
- The annual fee is no longer waived the first year, and is $95. Considering the additional 10,000 points are worth a minimum of $125 (based on the 25% bonus when redeemed through the Ultimate Rewards portal), you’re still making an extra $30.
It’s worth noting that the Chase Sapphire Preferred now offers 10,000 more points than the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which comes with a $450 annual fee. You’ll still earn 2x points per dollar spent on travel and dining at restaurant and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Points can be transferred to over a dozen valuable airline and hotel rewards programs. My favorite and most lucrative programs are Southwest, United, JetBlue, and Hyatt. For the full list of transfer partners, see below:
Airline Travel Partners
- Aer Lingus, AerClub
- British Airways Executive Club
- Flying Blue AIR FRANCE KLM
- Iberia Plus
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®
- United MileagePlus®
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Hotel Travel Partners
- IHG® Rewards Club
- Marriott Bonvoy™
- World of Hyatt®
There are also some sweet spots in the British Airways program like flying from the West Coast to Hawaii for just 25,000 points roundtrip! Another sweet spot is flying in Delta One Suites using just 50,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club points each way!
Note that the product is not available to either current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. Also, if you’ve had 5 or more consumer credit cards from any banks in the last 24 months, you will not be eligible for this card.
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.