Update: Offer expires tomorrow! As you long as you apply for the card by tomorrow, you can get approved after 6/2 and still get the offer.
The normal 30,000 point sign up bonus for the United MileagePlus Explorer Card has increased for a limited time publicly to 50,000 points. The offer ends 6/2 and looks to be available to everyone, though Chase may prompt you to log into your United account before receiving the offer. Spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months to receive the bonus and also receive the following perks:
- Check your first bag for free
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95
Possessing the United Credit Card also gives you much better award space availability when searching on United.com for award bookings. You can receive an additional 5,000 bonus points for adding an additional authorized user, giving you a total of 58,000 United MileagePlus points once you meet the spend! Keep in mind that the offer terms includes the following language:
“This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months.”
– So there’s a really good chance you can get this card again if you had it and received the bonus over 24 months ago and currently have their card inactive (canceled or downgraded).
If you’re looking to churn a Chase card in the near future, this could be a really great option for you!