Priority Club is the hotel loyalty program for Intercontinental Hotels Group. Every so often they release their PointBreaks which offers a list of hotels around the world you can stay at for only 5,000 points per night through March 31, 2014. IHG hotels brand includes the Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Even, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Hualuxe, InterContinental and Staybridge Suites. These hotels make up over 4,600 hotels across over 100 countries.
The IHG Rewards Club Select Visa Card is a really great card to have if you’re looking to rack up points for future hotel stays. This card offers:
- 60,000 point sign up bonus for spending $1,000 in 3 months
- 5x points spent at Priority Club hotels and 2x points for grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants
- $0 intro annual fee, $49 after
- 10% rebate on IHG reward redemptions, if you redeem 30,000 points you get 3,000 back
- No foreign transaction fees
- Free annual night stay at any Priority Club hotel worldwide
- Automatic upgrade to platinum elite status for as long as you have the card
People have been able to get an 80,000 point offer for this card by signing up to Priority Club emails. The free annual night stay at any Priority Club hotel is really a great deal as some of their higher-end hotels can go for over $800 per night. I recommend getting this card if you want a low annual fee card that offers great perks for hotel stays and offers a great variety of hotels around the world.
Another option to increase your IHG Priority Club reward points account, is by transferring points from your Chase Ultimate Rewards cards. IHG is one of Ultimate Rewards’ partners and is a great use of points for the PointBreaks promotion, however I wouldn’t normally recommend transferring your Ultimate Rewards points to IHG Priority Club, as Hyatt gives you a much better value for your points.